RULES & REGULATIONS
- Skippers to be paid up members of Umhlanga Ski Boat Club and be in possession of a valid Skippers Ticket.
- A personal water craft may not be operated from the clubs base unless:-
- A registration number has been allocated by the club.
- It is under the control of a Member to whom a National Skippers Ticket has been issued by the Department of Transport Marine Division or its Authorized Agencies, and
- It displays, in the prescribed manner, its registration number and prefix and current seaworthy decal issued by the South African Deep Sea Angling Association and does not display any other registration number or prefix.
- It shall be the duty of each Registered Owner/Skipper, to log out before launching and log in immediately on return to base in accordance with procedure which shall be prescribed by the committee.
- A Member may not use or permit a registered water craft to be used for any commercial purpose or as a means of livelihood for himself or any other person
- The Skipper of a Personal Water Craft shall at all times operate the craft, in a seamanlike manner, in accordance with these Rules and International Rules and Procedures with regard for the safety of his crew and all other persons.
- As a paid fully paid up member of the club you are entitled to use the tractor when launching or retrieving you craft from the sea.
YOUR VEHICLE MAY NOT BE LEFT ON THE BEACH OR PROMENADE FOR ANY REASON WHAT SO EVER. ONCE YOUR CRAFT HAS BEEN PARKED AT THE ALLOCATED AREA YOUR VEHICLE MUST BE RETURNED TO THE ROAD.
- Your trailer may be parked on the beach against the retaining wall on the south side of the launch site.
- ALL PERSONAL WATERCRAFT ARE TO PROCEED DIRECTLY TO SEA AND ONCE 100M FROM THE BACK LINE CHANGE HIS COURSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE CRAFT BE USED TO RIDE WAVES. IF REPORTED THE MEMBER SHALL BE DISMISSED FROM THE CLUB
- All registered Owners/Skippers shall be obliged to submit Catch Returns in thebook provided at the launch site
- The sale of fish on the Club premises is prohibited
- Watercraft returning to Grannies Pool may only beach on the hour.
- Please note all skippers will be obliged to do beach duty from time to time. Skippers not turning up for there duty will have their boat number suspended for 3 months and receive a R 2000 fine.
- All skippers to report to the Umhlanga Ski Boat Clubʼs safety Officer to registerthere craft and be informed of other launch requirement before proceeding to sea.
Please note all skippers are required to do 3 high tide launches and 3 low tide launches in the presence of the clubs safety officer.