Umhlanga festival rules
- This competition is open to all Ski Boat, Jetski registered craft as well as Paddle Skis.
- Launching is allowed from any registered site from Port Edward to Richards Bay. (Each site will be managed by their current structure and their launching procedures will apply, this will include safety. Should one of these sites be closed for any reason the competition will still proceed due to the scope of the above.)
- This is an open line class Game Fish competition.
- The Biggest Game Fish caught from any of the above vessels will win the first prize.
- No Kingfish species will count.
- No Billfish or Sharks will count.
Registration and Briefing
- Friday 4th December 2020 Umhlanga Rocks Ski Boat Club (75 Twilight Drive Gate Way Umhlanga)
- 13H00 to 18h30 – Registration
- 18h30 – Briefing
- Entertainment and Live Music
- Saturday 5th December 2020
- Umhlanga Rocks Ski Boat Club (75 Twilight Drive Gate Way Umhlanga)
- Merensee Ski Boat Club
- Shelly Beach Ski Boat Club
- 14h00 – 17h00 (Fish must be in the que.)
- Sunday 6th December 2020
- All fish must be weighed at Umhlanga Rocks Ski Boat Club
- 13h00 – 15h00 (Fish must be in the que)
- There will be no extra time.
- Prize Giving at URSBC will take place on Sunday at 16H00. (Competitors must have a representative at the prize giving or it will follow onto the next individual)
- Please take special note of the following.
- One Prize per angler (The angler’s heaviest fish will win the best prize available.)
- The top three main prizes will be by heaviest species.
- (Example: If a Cuta is the heaviest fish overall then the next biggest Cuta may not win 2ndand 3rd place, these would be made up of the next biggest fish of any other species Tuna, Amber, Prodical etc. From 4th Prize will revert to next heaviest fish overall.)
- 1st 40 Kg Cuta
- 2nd 35 Kg Yellow Fin Tuna
- 3rd 30kg Amber
- 4th 38kg Cuta
- 5th 36kg Cuta
- All competitors are to have signed their indemnity and have a valid fishing licence.
- Any objections need to be raised with the competition convenor within 30min of the closure of scales on the Sunday and be accompanied by 1000 cash deposit, if the objection is upheld then the moneys will be returned. The Committee’s decision is final.
- Tight Lines
Contact Numbers for Queries:
|Trevor Morey||Chairman||082 555 7574|
|Etienne Goosen||Club Captain||082 654 7380|
|Byron Kane||Comp. Convenor||084 440 8882|